Tuesday 7 October 2008

ALDI - what do you think?



Well, I've just visited someone elses blog for a change and found this thread about Aldi. She basically was having a poke at Aldi, and I agree on some things like the speed of the checkout operators, which is highly amusing. Quality wise I have to say is top notch and it's saved us stacks on our food bills especially the veggie offers. I used to be a bit snobby about shopping there and to be honest, it always looked dead unfriendly and hostile, but I love it now. My food bill has gone down from about £100 a week to about £65 to £70, which - and this is for you Mr. Wilde - makes a hell of a difference when you've got your other half who must have hollow legs, eating you out of house and home!!

I'd say give it a try. My faves are the chocolate chip brioche, multiseed baps, baby wipes, the fruit and veggies, mince beef, bacon, chedder cheese, yoghurts and minted lamb shanks. Mmmmm! Oh. Avoid the frozen peas - tasteless and rock hard....

No comments: