Sunday 19 October 2008

Some good news....!



OK, OK. Call me a complete saddo, but this was obviously something on my subconscious niggle list. I applied for an allotment over 2 years ago, close by to where I live and up until recently I'd heard nothing despite contacting the person in charge at Shameside Council. Anyway, I happen to know the person who is in charge of the site I was interested so I phoned her at work, and she let me know - all being well - I'll be getting my plot next March. Yippee! At last. I love growing my own stuff and it's something I want to get the kids and David into. I'm no Jack Duckworth or anything, it just tastes nicer and is usually cheaper than shop bought stuff.

For those of you who know the size of my back garden, you'll appreciate my excitement of at last having a bit of breathing space rather than having to rely on containers and hanging baskets!!

It made me feel much better and cheerful in myself too - something to plan for and look forward to.

1 comment:

nonizamboni said...

Congratulations on getting your allotment! You'll have so much to look forward to. Yum
I found your blog on your uncle Tom's blog and since he's a dear, I know you must be even nicer.
Have a wonderful day!